Friday, February 23, 2007

Batmobiles

I own a blue Nissan Altima and I was surprised as I sat down to write a blog that I did not have any pictures of my car, my first real possession. The car I paid off with my own money. Shameful! But I write it as my car sits in a shop with its guts spilled out. Apparently the clutch and flywheel are completely cooked and need replacing along with the seals. So I am looking at a major dent in my pocket.

I juggled with my emotions over the past week and a half of whether it was worth spending money. She is getting old you know. Served me well now for the past 7 yrs, took my abuse and the abuse of the fatass who has probably worn out her suspension on the right side. I even tried to get used to life w/o a car and took bus to school everyday. Just does not seem to click. Life is very different. And eventually I came to the conclusion that she had to be resurrected. After all how will my friends get dropped off after getting drunk. She is truly the "Batmobile". A drunk friend puts up the beacon and there I go saving the day. I think I should recover some of the repair costs by charging them. After all my alter ego does not live in a manor.

On a side note, an Indian from Hyderabad has built a car in the shape of a cricket bat to dedicate to the Indian team for the upcoming World Cup. Can there be another "batmobile"?

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM , Blogger Point 5 said...

Living without car nowadays feel as if u r handicapped....what happened to the good old days of public transportation...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home